Types Of Skin
I know some of us can’t say with confidence that we know what our skin type is. If you’re like us and have been trialing different creams and body butters but can’t say with confidence what type of skin you have, this should help you categorise which type you fall in.
4 main skin types:
- Normal - Well balanced skin
- Oily skin - Skin that produces too much sebum
- Dry skin – Skin that doesn’t produce enough sebum
- Combination skin – Skin that is a mixture of dry and oily
How to identity your skin type
Listed below are some of the main indications, if you find that you fall into any of the categories, you can seek further advice from a dermatologist or pharmacist.
- No blemishes
- A velvety, soft and smooth texture
- Fine pores
- No sensitive skin
- Skin constantly losing moisture
- Mild scaling and flakiness in patches
- Rough and blotchy appearance
- Feeling of tightness & itchiness
This type of skin is more sensitive to irritation and infection. It doesn’t produce enough sebum compared to normal skin and as a result lacks the lipids it needs to hold the moisture.
- Enlarged and clearly visible pores
- Shiny and glossy
- Blackheads and whiteheads
Oily skin can cause blackheads and whiteheads which can also form acne when not treated. Common in pre-teens and teens.
- Oily T-zone (forehead, chin and nose)
- Enlarged pores
- Dry cheeks
The oilier parts are caused because there is too much sebum being produced and the drier parts are because not enough sebum is produced; this can fluctuate from time to time.
So, if you have identified your skin type out of these 4 categories and you still haven’t found a great way to treat your skin our body butter can help you. CottonCoco body butter is non-greasy and suitable for all skin types, especially sensitive skin! It helps prevent moisture loss and the flakiness that can appear from dry and combination skin due to the properties of the shea butter, mango butter, and cocoa butter ingredients. Our body butter also contains jojoba oil which regulates sebum production useful for oily and combination skin types. Bring life back into your skin and start your skincare journey with us now, join the glowing skin movement.